May 3, 2008

I'm bored!

It is 7:30 a.m. and Holly and I just finished our irregation. She came to help me because Ben is at Fathers and Sons with Carter, Nolan, and her son Toby. I can't use the stupid irregation tool for anything so I needed help! Anyway it is so early and my girls are still asleep so I think I'll try Cedar's tag....

100 things about Mindy .....

1. I was born in Wellsboro Pennsylvania

2. My parents got divorced when I was 4

3. I moved to Arizona with my mom and new step-Dad when I was 5

4. I flew to PA every summer to visit my Dad and family

5. I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers

6. I married my high school sweetheart and had Carter all before I graduated

7. We have three more kids Bailey, Nolan, and Emmerie

8. I just hit 12 weeks prego with baby #5

9. We have lived in 11 different places in less than 12 years

10. We bought our first home at the age of 18

11. We lived there for about three years and then decided to move to PA for a change and to live by my family for a while

12. We lived there for 5 years and really loved it

13. My testimony grew tons while living in a small branch and a small ward

14. Nolan was born in the same town I was and at the very same hospital

15. We missed the west but still wanted the change of seasons so we moved to Snowflake AZ

16. We bought a house that is 106 years old and love every creek and broken part of it

17. I'm kind of a cheater... my first 16 were not only about me oh well

18. I love animals but can't live with them

19. I love the change of seasons even winter because it brings spring and I love all the newness of the earth

20. I love to make lists and even put stuff on them that I've already done just so I can cross it off

21. I love to organize but get so frustrated when it won't stay that way because I have kids

22. I get really bad migraines anywhere from 1 to 5 times a week

23. I love fruit but it goes bad a lot in my house because I hate to cut it or peel it

24. I hate cooking

25. I love baking but rarely do because I hate to clean my kitchen

26. I love my pantry and sometimes just go in to look at all the perfectly lined up food

27. I hate shopping- food, clothes, whatever... but I love thrift stores-my Dad got me addicted at a young age

28. I love to travel

29. Some days I think I would sell my house and buy an r.v. and travel for the rest of my life with Ben and the kids

30. I love all music except r&b and rap

31. I love to scrapbook but got way behind this year. Jeanette what's up?

32. I love roller coasters but am scared to death of heights

33. I love to camp as long as I'm warm enough and have an air mattress

34. at Subway I order a turkey footlong on honey oat with provolone cheese, lettuce, pickles, cucumbers, and pepercini peppers with lots and lots of vinegar. I share with Emmie but eat the rest myself-I'm a pig.

35. I've only had two jobs out of the house Little Caesars and American Eagle both paychecks spent on shoes and clothes.

36. I have also sewn flags, stuffed envelopes and babysat

37. This is Ben and my lucky number... well we don't know why but we see it everywhere and know it means something we just hope it is good.

38. In high school I went to all the dances with Ben-no one else

39. I lied to my parents about the location of one of the dance day activities and got grounded from the next dance so Nicole Mcclure asked me if she could take Ben to the next dance ( we went to Payson and they hate the B line so I told them we went to the lake)

40. It still melts my heart every time my kids or Ben hugs me and tells me they love me

41. I'm really crappy at the computer

42. Ben and I both had weird bumps on the same side of our necks that had to be removed

43. I have been a teacher in primary, an advisor, counselor and teacher in Y.W., a counselor in R.S., and in nursery 3 times

44. I have been to Mexico and Canada

45. I have driven across the country 4 times from PA to AZ or vise versa

46. I'm obsessed with the way people pronounce words. I have heard people say words many different ways

47. Last May I participated with my sister in law in a triathlon. She did awesome and I'm a huge wimp but it was fun and I'm really glad that I did it

48. I don't like to read but I did read all the Work and the Glory books and the Vampire books nice combo!

49. I love to relax with my family in front of a movie

50. I have been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld

51. I've also been to Knotts Berry Farm, two different Sea Worlds, and Six Flags in Virginia

52. If I paid for my kids to buy lunch everyday at school it would cost $90.00 a month!

53. I am a pretty good painter. I can edge without tape just a good brush and a steady hand

54. I hate making phone calls

55. If you don't text or email I probably haven't talked to you in quite a while

56. I love my apple kitchen and just painted the walls bright apple red

57. I hate nail polish on my finger nails and haven't painted them since like 7th grade

58. I have toe nail polish on every day of the year

59. I love to quote movies and relate most everything in life to a line in a movie

60. I love games

61. I love to snack and have usually had two or three before dinner-usually not so healthy either

62. I went to Robson elementary school

63. I went to Taylor jr. high school

64. I went to Mesa High school

65. I used to be addicted to the O.C. and One Tree Hill I watched the reruns on Soap T.V.

66. I am weaning myself off T.V. because we are shutting off the satelite soon

67. I hate swimming in the lake because I can't see

68. I'm scared of fish

69. I swam in the Tempe Town Lake and almost had a heart attack but I survived

70. I love frozen yogurt

71. I love the smell of campfire

72. I can't carry a tune

73. I love the smell of gasoline

74. I love the smell of coffee

75. I'm addicted to route 44 strawberry limeaids at sonic low ice

76. Erin Adams and I shared joint custody of our pet rock Charlie who was painted plaid

77. When we were little my brother and I made our horse Redman talk. We moved his bottom lip and thought it was hilarious. I can't believe we never got bit.

78. I'm still scared of the dark

79. I have never broken a single bone

80. Ben and I are suckers for door to door salesmen... We purchased a Kirby vacuum, tons of Living Scripture videos, meat from the back of a truck, an alarm system, girl scout cookies, pies, and many other random items that looked like they came from the dollar store. We're getting better now.

81. I can't go outside without sun glasses on. I'm a gremlin.

82. I'm the only member of the church in my whole family

83. My three favorite desserts are cheesecake, hot fudge brownie sundaes, and lemon bars.

84. I don't like raisins, olives, or cold tomatoes

85. I tan really easy and keep my tan lines all winter. Ben is jealous.

86. I actually like to pull weeds

87. I like to cross stitch

88. I love to be involved in a project in my house and sometimes rush so I can see the results faster

89. I'm terrible with directions

90. I've been to the Grand Canyon, the painted desert, the petrified Forest, 4 corners, the PA grand canyon, the 9-11 sight, Williamsburg Virginia, Palmyra church history sights, and the D.C. history sights.

91. I'm afraid of snakes

92. I don't really enjoy being pregnant but I get excited when I think about being in labor

93. I delivered 2 babies completely natural, one with a full epidural, and one with 1/2 an epidural

94. I love musicals

95. Ben and I are pretty sure that we lived in a haunted house once

96. My favorite meal at home is Franklin stew

97. My favorite restaurant is Outback

98. I don't have any cavities or fillings in my teeth and I didn't have braces

99. My favorite cereal is Cheerios-real cheerios not fake ones just so you know Holly

100. Ben is my favorite person in the whole world and he has been my best friend for almost 14 years now!!

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

I've been waiting for you to post this. I am also jealous of your ability to tan along with your cavity free teeth and your steady painting hand. I could use that around here. I always have to tape everything. It's a time killer. And yes, we do need to scrapbook again.

*~Ali~* said...

Hi Mindy! Long time no see! Congrats on baby #5! I'm so jealous. Anytime your in town you're welcome to pull my weeds. It's fun to see how your family is doing. Hope to see you soon.

Erin said...

I totally forgot about Charlie! Seriously, who has a pet rock? Even more weird, who has a pet rock that they share custody of with their best friend? We did some strange stuff but funny stuff. Remember the burnt pumpkin muffins. I am laughing as I type.

Oh and I also LOVE to pull weeds. It's stress relieving. You can take everything out on the weeds and I love that it's something where you can instantly see the result of your work.

Cedar said...

I loved reading that! I am so proud that you did it!! I will love to pull weeds when I get myself one of those cool tools you have.

Anonymous said...

hey mj, sorry we missed you, how are you feeling? the wedding was beautiful

The Cranes said...

Mindy--I learned a lot about you--since I think I've only met you in person once! We have a few quirky things in common--like I hate cooking and making phone calls, I make lists and even add things I've already done and cross them off, I like to organize things and get frustrated that they don't stay that way (also thanks to my kids), and I hate nail polish on my fingernails but my toe nails are always painted! I WISH I could tan easily and was filling free and hadn't had braces--and could paint without taping.

Missy said...

Hate cooking??? Whatever, you use to cook up a storm! I still have some of your recipes...remember I was the one who didn't bring any recipes to the table, LOL! That was fun to read!

Katlyn Papa said...

I feel so much better knowing that someone else watched re-runs of the O.C. on the soap channel.I have always been a little shy about admitting it.Congratulations on the upcoming additon to the family.

Blain&Deedra said...

Hey Mindy,
Deedra, Vandee's sister. Just bored doing some blogging, when I should be cleaning. Hope all is going well for you. Life sounds crazy for you. Congrats on the pregnancy.