This morning I asked Emmerie to get dressed while I was getting Ray dressed and she said "I don't want to play the beat game." I said what is that and she said " the game where you beat people." I said Emmie that doesn't sound very nice and she said "Mom you know where you try to beat someone getting dressed." I guess she's not very competitive. I often say " Hurry Emmie or Ray will beat you. That Mom strategy doesn't work for her.......
Good thing it is working with cousins. Jeanette and I often talk about how hard it is to get Jamie and Nolan up, dressed, and to school on time. They just don't seem to care. I told Ben the other day that short of rewarding Nolan for getting to school on time I have tried everything and I didn't want to reward him when I've been fighting with him for almost 2 years now. He also has no problem getting up on Saturday or Sunday. Ben thought it was a great idea to turn the tables and reward him when he was on time and I talked to Jeanette and we decided to make it a competition between Nolan and Jamie. The first morning we were at a stop sign when Jeanette drove by in front of us and Nolan said "hurry mom we've got to beat Jamie!" Maybe this will work!
5 comments:
so glad youre close to family <3 but i sure do miss you! thanks for posting :)
I love this new game! All I have to do is mention Nolan's name in the morning and Jamie is running! Fabulous! Hope it will last.
That is Lindsey too! why is it that they get up just fine on weekends?
Emmerie cracks me up! I really hope that this new game works for Nolan.
We often race to get ready for bed or to get dressed. It usually works great with Jaydee but lately she says I don't want to race...
Good luck with Nolan.
Post a Comment